About this Blog

On a little ship called, "Singapore".

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Jan 6, 2007
Osim belts recalled: 2 caught fire

LIFESTLYE products company Osim is recalling 3,000 units of a new electric slimming belt, after two caught fire while being charged.

The company said the lithium-ion batteries in its new uZap Minis could have overheated while charging and caught fire.

No injuries have been reported. The company yesterday advised customers to stop charging and using the belt, which retails at $148.

Sales of the belt have been halted.



Man: Honey, that uZap mini I bought for you? You have to stop using it.

Woman: Why? It's great! I can feel it burning the fat off my tummy.

Man: That's the problem, Honey. Remember last night when you were using it and I thought I smelled burning flesh?

Woman: Well, yeah. It hurt, but like you said, no pain, no gain.

No comments: